The concept involved the full take over of London’s Borough Market for a private, and exclusive, event. Appointed by a new client we were asked to provide all project and fire safety related services for this very unique project in order to obtain permission to proceed. We then facilitated all fire safety measures throughout the project period to the point of handing the site back to the Market.
Fire Safety Services Provided:
• Fire risk assessment
Fire safety planning and infrastructure design
• Emergency evacuation procedures documentation
• Crisis management planning
• Fire exit and safety plan specifications
• Fire Register and flame proofing of materials - collection of certification and advice on treatment
• Capacity calculations for the Market
• Statement of fire safety BS9999:2017 management
This extremely complex project presented multiple considerations for fire safety in terms of a temporary change of use of the Market, greater power demands, the introduction of many new materials and activities and all within a protected site.